7.22.2008

Typography video soooo awesome!



All serious graphic designers should know that in order to be good at what you do you must have a solid grasp on typography. This means knowing the many different parts of type: stem, x-height, ascender, bowl, serif, etc. etc. A designer must also know the difference between a serif and sans serif font. To those who have no understanding of type it may seem that design professionals are a bit "anal" about proper placement of fonts but its not that at all. As one of my professors taught me "Fonts have personalities and you can't just slap fonts on things and expect it to look good, because it won't." I've found this to be very true as I have developed a keen eye for type and design. I thought I'd include an example of both good and bad Typography so you'd understand where I'm coming from...

BAD TYPOGRAPHY :(


GOOD TYPOGRAPHY :)

No comments: